Stopped for DUI - Know Your Rights
If you are stopped for DUI, you should know your rights. At Fabian & Associates, we feature a team of attorneys, one of whom is a former General Counsel, and one former Attorney for the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, and One Former Government Prosecutor, who have spent years being trained and training public servants about Oklahoma DUI laws and performing breathalyzer tests.
Two of our other DUI defense team members were former police officers who arrested hundreds of people for DUI throughout Oklahoma. Both are also state certified by the Oklahoma Board of Tests for Alcohol and Drug Influence as Breathalyzer Test Operators, and as Breathalyzer Maintenance Supervisors.
If you have been arrested or charged with DUI or APC, contact our DUI defense team at Fabian & Associates. Put our unmatched experience to work for you.
Top 5 Things You Should Do If You Are Arrested for DUI
- Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. Our Free Initial Consultation, provides you the knowledge you need to understand what you are up against and that hiring an experienced lawyer as early in the process as possible substantially increases your chances of prevailing. An experienced lawyer can make sure favorable evidence is not destroyed, evidence that can assist you in your defense.
- Request you Department of Public Safety (DPS) hearing. You only have 15 days to request a hearing. Your failure to properly request a hearing will most likely result in you losing your driving privileges. In addition, an experienced DUI defense attorney can obtain favorable testimony and evidence at this hearing; evidence that can prove extremely valuable in your criminal trial for DUI.
- Keep your mouth shut. Contrary to what they want you to believe, city attorneys, police officers, and insurance investigators are not your friends under these circumstances. Their goal is gather evidence to convict you.
- Innocent people DO get arrested and DO go to jail. Don't think that just because you are innocent, you do not need a lawyer. The jails are full of innocent people who were convicted of DUI and other crimes they did not commit.
- An aggressive, knowledgeable, experienced, and well-prepared attorney can substantially increase your chances for success. Some attorneys have the knowledge, some have the experience, and some will work hard defending you. We have the knowledge and experience, and will work hard in our preparation and defense of your case.
We have attained an extraordinary track record of success, as well as the respect of judges and prosecutors all over the state for our relentless pursuit of defending your rights. Contact our DUI defense team today, and discover how to take advantage of our experience and knowledge. No one fights harder to protect your rights.