Brian P. Young
- Driver's License Cases
Brian Young brings years of experience as a criminal defense lawyer. He earned his law degree from Georgetown in 2003, and since then has been a tireless advocate for his clients.
Mr. Young has served as lead counsel in dozens of jury trials, and has conducted over 500 felony preliminary hearings. He knows how prosecutors will approach each case and present it to a jury. When you are charged with a crime that can result in time behind bars, it is imperative to have an attorney by your side who has seen the government's tactics before and who knows what they will try to do. Mr. Young has defended every type of criminal charge, from DUI to racketeering to death penalty murder cases.
More than a decade of experience in a courtroom has earned Mr. Young the respect of both judges and prosecutors. He is known for hard‑nosed cross examination and impassioned closing arguments. He has the experience and skill necessary to find the weaknesses in the government's case and turn those to his client's advantage.
Before Mr. Young moved to criminal defense in 2007, he practiced civil law. During this time, he worked on several important environmental cases, including uranium mining, reclamation, and groundwater pollution litigation.
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- JD, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Present
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Present
- Oklahoma County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Present
- Oklahoma County Public Defender's Office, Assistant Public Defender
- Kerr-McGee Legal Department, Attorney
- Britton, Ramsey and Gray, PC, Associate Attorney